Interested in joining our excellent team? Check out all our open spots below.
Excellent Salary DOE plus benefits
We offer an excellent salary package including generous company pension scheme
Company Vehicle (Van)
A fully expensed company vehicle with fuel card. Fully equipment with the tools and equipment you need.
Part of the Team
At Brash we're like a family and by joining us you will be a valued and trusted member of our service team
D Brash & Sons are one of the UK's leading independent providers of calibration, maintenance, repair, and distribution of weighing equipment. We are UKAS accredited for on-site calibration and ISO9001 accredited for service and repair, offering expert impartial advice and competitive prices. The company now operates from seven branches across the UK and are able to offer our specialist services at any location.
Provide a first-class weighing equipment calibration and maintenance service to customers and support Field Service Engineer colleagues in carrying out their duties.
You are expected to work with a variety of weighing equipment including but not exclusive to laboratory balances, industrial weighing devices, vessel weighing systems and weighbridges.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Carry out calibration of weighing equipment to industry accreditation standards and customer expectations.
- Carry out maintenance of weighing equipment and accurately inform customers when repair is required.
- Completion all appropriate paperwork related to calibration of weighing equipment and submit on time.
- Physically move weights in order to complete calibration work.
- Frequently travel to customer sites to carry out calibration work or other tasks, as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service in the field and adhere to all Health and Safety procedures as required.
- Participate fully as a member of the D Brash and Sons team, providing cross-cover and support as required to ensure a network of service is delivered across the region.
- Participate in appropriate training activities to ensure that knowledge of equipment and procedures remains current.
- Additional reasonable duties may be requested from time to time by a manager.
Skills and experience
- Electronics or electro-mechanical qualification, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work well with a wide range of external customers and colleagues, and build successful working relationships within short time-scales
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites and a full valid UK Driving Licence
- Experience in electrical fault finding, maintenance of machinery and calibration protocols
- IT literate with the ability to complete paperwork correctly first time
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in working practices
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and deliver results without supervision
- Experience in the weighing industry
- Experience in application programming languages